ENJOY THE LEGACY OF SQUANTUM...

The peninsulas jutting out into Narragansett Bay were called Squantum, the Native American name for “Heap of Rocks.” In the mid-1800s captains and owners of Clipper Ships gathered here and the fame of Squantum spread widely.  In 1872, the Squantum Association was incorporated; a permanent clubhouse was erected, and was judged as the “brightest bit of architecture north of the famed villas of Newport.”   

Squantum Association